Monday, March 1, 2010

Ft Irwin (Continued)

honest injun if I am lyin I am dyin They had tank xing signs all over the place. and 3 did cross the road right infront of me and I did hit the breaks and honest the fire truck did come out of that building and blew his big loud air horn and about scared the pee right out of me. So I was able to gun the car and zip to clear the road so the fire truck could go merrily on its way.

"Hail Mary full of Grace" began to zip through my mind and I'm not even Catholic. As I get to the area on the right before the curve in the road I pull off into the dirt outside that big intemidating fence. Well the gate is open but I ain't even going in there.

I pick up my cell phone to call our own beloved Mikey (yes ladies I do have his cell phone number along with Noahs and will provide both on request but there will be a charge).

By the time Mikey answered I was so disdraught I don't really recall the conversation. When I am very very nervious I always have to make jokes laughter always helps alieveate stress. So when Mikey innocently asks where I am I pop off with "In a dirt lot outside a fence with barbed wire on top and there is a guard tower and well their pointing Machine guns at me Michael help!!!!!" At this point I think I might have scared 20 years off of poor Mikeys life "OH GOD could she have gone too far and is out in restricted space??? GOD if she gets shot the gang will never forgive me." That is what Michael confessed to me was the thought that ran through his mind when I muttered those words. AH it warmed the cockels of my heart to be so loved (snickers). At this point I had a brief moment of utter insanity and almost told him about the tanks but I was soooo embarrassed I just couldn't do it (thank goodness sanity returned just in time).

Well Michael says are you serious?? (about the men with machine guns) no I said with a shaky laugh as I once again had visions of tanks zipping across the road in front of me. OK he told me turn around and come back the way you came and you will see a big dirt lot...

(but Michael I'm in a big dirt lot now I think to myself)

"OK look for a guy in uniform he is wearing a black cap"

"What color cap?" as I scan the area everyone has a black cap on their head I think to myself

"And I am wearing (forgive me ladies I totally forgot I think it was a red sweater or sweatshirt and jeans) at this point my nerviousness has kicked up into overdrive soon I will see Mikey and Noah OH GOD this was such a stupid idea.

"OK OK (Mikey says) there is a large blue fork lift parked in this dirt lot." There not three feet from me is a large blue something mechanical

"You mean this large blue thingy here in front of me?"

As I inch my car forward there in the distance I see a man in uniform with a (is that a black beret??? damn my eyes) and that tall one next to him is that? could it be????

MIKEY!!!!!!!!!

"Is that you?" he says into the phone "I don't know is that you?" I ask back

"yep thats you"

This was it the moment I had been waiting for and dreading had arrived Mikey and Noah were there. As I let the car slowly creep forward. I stop and open the door and I am embarrassed to say it ladies but "I squealed like a school girl"

MIKEY!!!!!

"Hi Darlin"

Yes ladies our own Mikey has the Hi Darlin down pat. Oh Oh Oh be still my heart.

So I give Mikey a great big hug and murmmer Mikey Mikey Mikey grammy Vicki is soooo glad to see her wittle Mikey.

Then I turn to Noah and give him a big hug as well and once again squealing like a school girl exclaim that Grammy Vicki has another Grandson.

More to come but I have to send this so ya'll won't kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment